Beer That’s Balilicious
I’ll be hosting an exploration of pairing ales with Indonesian food on July 14 in the intimate setting of Balilicious. Most Asian restaurants only offer a selection of mass-market lager and Guinness. This delicious dinner will demonstrate the excellent options other beer styles offer, which are always available at Balilicious:
- Gado Gado Salad & Special House Peanut Sauce
- Perkedel Jagung (corn fritters)
- Martabak Asin (Indonesian beef pancake)
Main (choose when reserving this dinner)
- Kari Ayam (red curry chicken) or
- Sayur Kari (red curry veggies) or
- Rendang Sapi (dry curry beef brisket) or
- Ikan Bali (fried fish filet in tamarind chilli garlic sauce)
- Bubur Injin (black rice pudding)
- Pisang Goreng (deep-fried banana)
- Chocolate-and-Avocado Parfait
If you are concerned about the food being spicy, rest assured that this is accessible Indonesian food that is unlikely to set your mouth aflame. Those who do like it hot can ask for sambal to spice it up.
Date: July 14, 2010
Time: 6:00 – 8:00pm
Address: 3488 Cambie Street, Vancouver
Cost: $35 (plus taxes + gratuity)
Reservations: required; call (604) 709-8150 to secure seat with a credit card. You will be asked to choose your entree at this time.
Cancellations can be made up to 24 hours before the event. Cancellations less than 24 hours in advance and no shows will be subject to the full charge.
Note: coconut and peanuts are an integral part of Indonesian cuisine. Therefore, if you have a nut allergy, this dinner may not be suitable for you.